VISITING SILVER GATE YACHT CLUB
The members and staff of Silver Gate Yacht Club welcome you! Our friendly club has the best views of San Diego and we enjoy sharing them. We want to make you feel at home during your time with us whenever you visit San Diego. The information below will answer most questions our guests have regarding their stay at Silver Gate Yacht Club:
- All visiting yachts should identify themselves by flying their yacht club burgee.
- Advance reservations for a slip or dock assignment are a must. Please call the Port Captain at (619) 222-1214 and he/she will provide you with instructions.
- After you arrive at our docks, promptly visit the club’s office. Please have your yacht club membership card ready to complete the registration process.
- Our helpful staff will provide you with a guest card and acquaint you with our dock and house rules, the club facilities, (i.e. pump-out station, restrooms, showers, pool, etc.), and our bar and galley hours. There is a $25 deposit for a key card.
DOCK AND HOUSE RULES
- The fee for visiting dock space is $2.00 per foot, per night. If you are a member in good standing from a reciprocal yacht club, you will receive the same number of complimentary nights with us that our members might enjoy docked at your club.
- Check-in time is no earlier than noon and check-out time is no later than 11 a.m.
- If you are assigned to an SGYC member’s vacant slip rather than to our guest dock, please do not disconnect any electrical hook-ups or adjust any dock lines that may be present.
- No repair work is allowed at our docks without the Port Captain’s approval.
- Pets are not allowed inside of the club house and they must be leashed at all times. Please pick-up after your pet. Waste disposal bags are available at the side gates.
- Smoking is not permitted. If you wish to smoke, you must be on your boat.
- Guests staying at our docks are welcome to use the club’s restrooms, showers, laundry facilities, and the pool. They are also welcome (encouraged even!) to join us in our bar and galley. Cash and major credit cards are accepted.
Burgees from other Yacht Clubs
Silver Gate Yacht Club cheerfully provides reciprocal privileges to members in good standing from other recognized, “brick and mortar” yacht clubs from around the world. Please provide us with your valid yacht club membership card or with a letter of introduction on club letterhead so that we may confirm your club’s reciprocity agreement with us. Once reciprocity is verified and you have signed our guest book, you are welcome to enjoy our bar and galley. We’re sorry, but if you are a yacht club member from outside the San Diego Region, you must be staying with us at our docks to use our laundry facilities, the showers, or the pool.
For yacht clubs from within the San Diego Region, our reciprocity policy is one of “like kind-for-like kind”. If our members can tie-up a boat at your club’s dock, or take a swim in your pool, and/or then enjoy a friendly drink in your bar, we very much want you to do those things with us at our club! Of course, if you’re staying overnight at our guest dock you are welcome to use all of our facilities.
For more information please contact the Port Captain: firstname.lastname@example.org